When the going gets tough, the little bit of time spent in the kitchen is everything to me. 🙂 Mini Spanakopitas are simply the best.
Ingredients (5-6 servings):
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 5oz bag rinsed and chopped baby spinach
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced feta
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Add olive oil to a pan over low-medium heat. Add onions and cook until light brown.
- Once caramalized, pour in spinach and salt and stir around until wilted and take off heat.
- On a clean surface, lay out a long and narrow single strip layer of phyllo and brush it with butter.
- Add on another sheet and brush with butter again.
- Repeat process one more time.
- Place one tablespoon of spinach mixture onto one corner of the strip.
- Add about a teaspoon of ricotta cheese and a teaspoon of feta cheese.
- Fold over the phyllo pastry into a triangle as seen in the picture above. Keep folding over until you reach the end of the sheet.
- Place the mini spanakopitas over parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Brush spanakopitas with butter.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Come say hi on social!