Being snowed in only means comfort foods and catching up on homework. When you need to cook in bulk for the day, creamy tomato soup seems to do the trick every time. 🙂
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish, chopped
- In a pan, melt the butter on medium heat, and then sauté onions and garlic. Pour in carrots and continue to stir at medium heat.
- Once onions are translucent, pour in water and stock. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Once done, pour in tomatoes and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a food processor and blend until you get a creamy liquid consistency. Whisk in heavy cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley and basil.
Come say hi on social!